||Parent Handbook ~ Program & Philosophy » Enrollment Policy
ADMISSION TO THE CENTER
The center is operated on a non-discriminatory basis, according equal treatment and access to services without regard to race, color, creed, political persuasion, handicap, or national origin.
Creek is licenses to serve a maximum of 35 children ages 18 months through 8 years of age.
Parents are requested to make an appointment with the Director prior to enrolling their child at Creek. At this time, parents will receive the necessary enrollment materials and have an opportunity to view the center.
The registration fee is required for each child for enrollment in the Center. The fee is not refundable. The enrollment fee serves as a hold for enrollment at a later date.
Tuition is charged according to the following categories:
Full-time: Children attending 5 days per week for more than 6 hours per day.
Half-time: Children attending for up to 25 hours per week.
Part-time: Flexible schedules are allowed as space permits. A minimum time commitment of 2 full days is required. Part-time fees are prorated according to the time requested.
Fees are to be paid one week in advance for childcare services provided. Any other payment schedule must have prior approval from the Director. Bills will be sent at the end of the month detailing any unpaid portion of the month’s tuition.
Fees are paid on a weekly basis for each week the child is enrolled in the Center. There are no reductions due to absences for holidays, vacation, illness or center closing days. However, there are two weeks during the calendar year for which there is no tuition due. The one week period between December 24 and January 1 of each year when Creek is closed is not charged for. One additional week can be used as vacation time.
Parents who wish to withdraw their child for a time period of more than 4 weeks can pay a fee equal to one week’s tuition to reserve a space for the child’s return.
Any other exceptions for payment must be appealed to the Board of Directors, which will consider exceptions on a case-by-case basis.
Unpaid bills (including interest and collection costs) remaining after a child is withdrawn from the Center will be turned over to a collection agency.
RECORD OF ATTENDANCE
Each child must be signed in and out daily. If you need a change in your child’s attendance schedule, it must be pre-arranged with the Director.
Parents receive a packet of enrollment forms upon deciding to enroll their child at Creek. Prior to the first day of attendance we must have:
1. The signed Registration Agreement
2. The Child Enrollment Form, including permission to authorize emergency medical treatment, health history information, permission for field trip participation and persons authorized for pick-up.
3. The Child Information Sheet which provides the staff with important information which will help provide your child with a smooth transition in to the Center.
4. The CACFP Enrollment form.
5. The USDA Household Income form.
Forms due 30 days after the first day of attendance:
1. The Immunization Form.
2. The Medical Form which must be completed and signed by a physician.
Upon enrollment there will be a one-month period of probation during which the adjustment of the Child to the Center will be evaluated. After this evaluation period the Center or Parent/Guardian may choose to terminate enrollment without financial penalty.
TERMINATION OF ENROLLMENT
A two-week written notice of withdrawal shall be required after the probation period. Refunds will be given for any advance tuition paid beyond the cost of care if proper notification has been given.
It is a goal of Creek to meet the needs of each child enrolled in the context of a group setting. If a child’s placement seems inappropriate or if problems arise, the following steps will be taken:
1. Any problems will be brought to the attention of the Director and the child’s Parent(s).
2. A meeting will take place to develop a written plan of action to address the problem. Outside agencies may be consulted with the consent of the Parent(s).
3. A period of evaluation will be established. Staff will keep in close contact with the parents and apprise them of the situation.
4. If at the end of the evaluation period there are problems which can not be resolved, the parent will be given a two week notice for dismissal.
NEED HELP DOWNLOADING:
||pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 7 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.
Creek Day School
2509 Mcdivitt Rd
Madison, WI 53713